Position Title: Street Outreach Case Manager
Supervised By: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-Time; Grant funded per annual renewal
Partners Ending Homelessness Mission Statement
Our mission is to engage critical stakeholders to bring about effective solutions through collaborations, advocacy, and resources. To accomplish this mission, we envision a community courageously dedicated to ending homelessness in Guilford County, North Carolina.
All that we do is anchored in our commitment to our core values:
- VISION – fostering greater perspective and deeper understanding of the community’s needs
- STEWARDSHIP – holding ourselves accountable to the highest standards for the resources in our care
- PARTNERSHIP – developing collaborative relationships with our network of providers, funders, and community stakeholders
- INTEGRITY – cultivating excellence in our work and unwavering transparency in all that we do
- ADVOCACY – championing the community’s solutions to end homelessness.
The Street Outreach Case Manager will be responsible for identifying and engaging individuals and families living in unsheltered locations (i.e. cars, abandoned buildings, outdoors) within Guilford County as a part of the Partners Ending Homelessness (PEH) Street Outreach program. The Street Outreach Case Manager will provide basic case management services to these clients, such as providing available necessary items like food and hygiene items and make appropriate referrals to other community agencies for clients that need additional assistance in other areas. The Street Outreach Case Manager will work with the Coordinated Entry Assessors to connect chronically homeless individuals with the coordinated entry process. If a client is currently involved with the coordinated entry process, this position will case manage the client and assist with their housing process.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Utilize a person-centered approach to build rapport and relationships with unsheltered homeless individuals and families with Guilford County
- Understand the coordinated entry policies and procedures to ensure smooth transition into the coordinated entry system
- Provide basic case management to clients entering or those who are in-process of the coordinated entry system
- Build rapport with homeless shelters and community agencies in Guilford County
- Identify needs of the local homeless population and strategize ways to address the needs
- Assist with the annual Point-In-Time Count
- Use appropriate assessment tools (SPDAT) when entering unsheltered clients into the Coordinated Entry System
- Comply with client confidentiality and HIPAA standards
- Keep up-to-date documentation, case notes and contact logs
- Attend weekly Coordinated Entry Assessment Team meetings
- Other duties are required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be able to work in traditional, non-traditional, and mobile working environments. This may include evening and weekend hours. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required from a four-year college or university; Master’s degree preferred. Two years of experience in relevant field desired. Strong intrapersonal and relational skills recommended. Knowledge of nonprofits, electronic data collection and case management desired. Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, proactive problem solving, strong follow up, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel are essential. Experience in working with databases preferred. Must have the ability to travel locally and work well with others.
Partners Ending Homelessness offers a competitive benefits package.
Compensation commensurate with experience and education.
Send resume, cover letter, and references to:
Kelly Hedgecock at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applicants: Monday, October 26, 2020
Partners Ending Homelessness is an Equal Opportunity Employer.